Follow Me on Instagram: hannahmcdermott

Monday 10 March 2014

Antwerp Is For Lovers

Long time, no posts!

Going on a mini break was the perfect way to spend a relaxing few days with my boyfriend. This was our first european holiday as we usually prefer going over to the states, but this holiday showed me that America is not the be all and end all.

We started the trip in Amsterdam, we spent 2 days getting lost down all the amazing hidden side streets, looking at all the vintage clothes & jewellery, and eating as many pancakes and fries we could.
We stumbled across a 'Love Bridge' which was near the cutest WholeFood-esque store which is my favourite.
At the Flower Market my boyfriend got me some Tulips (when in Amsterdam...) which were the perfect accessory for my favourite Celine bag!

I fell in LOVE with Antwerp, its architecture and scenery is just beautiful, for a start the main train station looks like Hogwarts which was incredible to see.

We stayed with a friend in the most amazing apartment which happened to be in the red light district, which was something different to say the least!
We spent a fab day walking round the town and sight seeing. We ate traditional Belgium waffles which were unlike anything I have tasted before, so delicious!





Most importantly I came home with a stockpile of Speculoos, the BEST food. Not quite figured out how to eat it like a civilised human being yet but off a spoon is fine by me!!

1 comment: